Tuesday, May 29, 2012

LET'S PLANT SOME FLOWERS!!

I love flowers!!  I like bouquets of them in the house, I like them in the foundation plantings and in softly curved beds around my yard. I like them hanging in baskets on my deck.  I like them gracing a patio table and I like them in pots.   Perhaps I most enjoy finding interesting objects in which to plant the flowers, and if they are vintage that is just an added bonus.  A trip to your local nursery will reward you with oodles of flower choices for planting.    Here are a few containers I found interesting.  I just restocked my spaces at Splendid, and you will find these items there.

 Now this little chair is really cute, but with no seat, it lacks functionality.  So, let's plant it...I've provided the pot for you.  Add an old galvanized bucket planted and a cute cement duck and you have a really cheery spot!


I love this little old handmade wheelbarrow, but it can be jazzed up.


Look how cute it is now.  It could welcome guests at your front door.


Old wire baskets offer up lots of possibilities.


 Here this bike basket shows off some prretty geraniums.  Or......



Use a wire basket to corral your clay pots or garden accessories.  This would make a pretty statement on a potting table or bench. 


I found these two handmade planters at an estate sale.  Aren't they cute?  They can sit on a table, or bench, or there are holes at the top to string wire through to hang them.  It's fun to imagine stories to go with the simple treasures like these.  Did the man of the house make these for his wife to enjoy?  Maybe it was her birthday, or some other special occasion.  I wonder what she planted in them.

You may already have some fun things to use as interesting planters, but if not, stop by my spaces at Stars & Splendid in the West Moreland/Sellwood area and find something that catches your eye.

Happy Planting!

Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment