Thursday, August 16, 2012

NOT THE LAZY DAYS OF SUMMER!

Summer is a busy time  for antique dealers.  Since it is such a good buying and selling time, it's necessary to have lots of goodies to offer.  This means using our time to search out the treasures and get them ready for our customers as quickly as we can.  The long days of summer make this easier.  It's an added bonus to be able to work outside in the sunshine.

Once the treasure is found, there is often much preparation necessary to get it ready to sell.  It must be cleaned, repaired, sometimes painted, waxed, polished, researched, cataloged, priced, and photographed for the blog. Finally
it is ready to put out there to hopefully be snapped up by someone that is going to think it is as cool as we did when we bought it!  Sometimes we are lucky and the items found require only a minimum of preparation.  This was the case with todays treasures.

Often times the picture taking gets left out, because I am so anxious to get the item to the shop.  So today, camera in hand, I took some pictures of recent finds that I delivered to Stars & Splendid.



Some beautiful linens- dresser scarves or runners, and guest towels.  Some doilies too!  Look at the detail on these pieces. 

Some vintage wooden hangers from hotels.  I wonder who stayed at these hotels and used these hangers....which President was it that stayed at The Willard?  Did the Wichita Lineman stop in at The Allis Hotel, and how many high rollers stayed at the hotel in Las Vegas?  Did they leave with jingle in their pockets?  Don't you wonder about the former lives of the treasures you find?

I found some fun metal signs.  I wonder where this hung?


Was this in a park or picnic area?


This would be a fun addition to your  kitchen.


I found a bunch of these wonderful old blue glass canning jars-they are great for storing dried foods in your cupboard, holding a collection of buttons, marbles, game pieces etc.  I have them in pints, quarts and half gallons.  Some have glass tops with wire fasteners,  others have the old zinc lids.  All are highly desirable and priced to sell.






This old galvanized can is from Union Oil and has the lid attached.  There are a couple of rusty crusty cowbells, and a wonderful old rusty wire basket.  It holds an instant collection of old brushes- sold individually.

I hope you have enjoyed browsing through my latest additions.  There is a lot more "in the works"
(you know, the repairing, polishing, painting, etc.) so I hope you will stay tuned.  I'd love to have you stop by my booths and check out the other goodies I've found, but didn't manage to get pictures of.

Thanks for stopping by.

Charlotte

4 comments:

  1. You have found a great variety of items for everyone. I so need to get over to Stars. I am thinking a Star's fix is in order.
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Florence. I buy what appeals to me, and hopefully someone else finds it appealing too! If you get over to the Stars malls (I'm in Splendid-across the street from the original Stars)stop by my booths. I'm #62-two booths across the aisle from each other.

      Delete
  2. I want those jars for my kitchen windowsill!

    ReplyDelete