Tuesday, November 27, 2012

PUMPKIN MARTINI-PURE HEAVEN!

I had a recipe for DIY Pumpkin Liqueur that my daughter has passed on to me,  so I decided after cleaning house all day (ugh) it was time for a little TREAT.  So I gathered my supplies and got right to it.



Some sugar, water, spices, canned pumpkin puree .  Magically, this turns into a wonderful syrup after cooking for a bit.  Add the VODKA and then into the fridge for a couple of days or in my case, a COUPLE OF HOURS (tee hee)  Then you simply mix equal parts of the pumpkin liqueur, half and half (I used fat free Half & Half) and Vanilla Vodka. Shake with ice, strain and top with freshly grated nutmeg.  OHMYGOSH!  It is so good!


I had canned pumpkin leftover, so not one to waste, I made PUMPKIN COOKIES and frosted them with a browned butter glaze....these are pretty darn tasty too!  Now I just need to get them out of the house so that I'm not tempted to eat many MORE of them.  I'm sure my grandson will welcome a treat.

 
 



I'm thinking I might give some of that PUMPKIN LIQUEUR for little Christmas gifts.  Wouldn't it be cute to put some in pretty bottles with a tag and recipe attached....maybe put it in a basket with a couple of martini glasses.  Oh, no, I'll have to make more, and TASTE TEST it too;)


No comments:

Post a Comment