Tuesday, October 25, 2011

THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS

A week from today my second space at Splendid Antique Mall will become available to me.  I am soooo excited, but there is much to do.  I have been busily gathering treasures to offer.  This space, which is located directly across the aisle from my existing space, will have a little different merchandise mix.  I'm going for a bit more "girly" look, with lots of vintage pastels in both furniture and smalls.  I hope that you will like it too.  I envision it a little bit shabby, a little bit cottage, a tad bit of garden, with some flea market style thrown in.  You see, I like it all!  My existing space will continue to have some darker furniture and natural wood tones.  This, of course, is all dependant on what I find out there while on "treasure hunts".  What do you look for when hunting?

Here are some of the pieces going to my new space.  (This, providing I can get the pictures loaded in the right place.  Arghhhhh- I'm still trying to learn this blogging business!!!)

I LOVE this pink dresser-it's actually more of a chest on chest, with the top a separate piece.  The little boudoir lamps with purple shades and dotted swiss overlay were a fun find.



I'll be adding some pretty white petticoats, a sweet Victorian era white dress, and a charming little vintage child's ballet dress.  Oops, guess I didn't get pics of the petticoats or ballet dress!



This sweet Madonna yard ornament caught my eye.  She has just the right amount of chippy white paint, revealing a bit of blue and dark red underneath.  She's dated 1959.  She'd make a nice addition to your winter garden, or would be pretty alongside your Christmas tree.



Time now to turn my attention to booth preparation.  Let's see- fixtures and display pieces to consider, backdrop to ponder,  lighting to illuminate the "treasures" - all this to be finalized in my mind, before I start moving in!  I'll keep you posted on my progress.........








1 comment:

  1. hmmm...a Madonna dated 1959...the year I was born...hmmm...
    can't wait for the new booth!
    melanie

    ReplyDelete