Wednesday, June 19, 2013

RED, WHITE AND BLUE REDO

As the 4th of July is rapidly approaching, I thought it was high time to bring out the patriotic colors for one of my spaces at Splendid, and to redo the other space with some of the new treasures I've found this past week-end.

First off, I added some spots of the red,white and blue to my normally black and white booth.  I think the red really looks nice with the black.  I don't normally buy a lot of red, so I was surprised when I started gathering things from my stash, to discover that I had quite a bit.   There are lots of  flags, some red candles, a lamp with a red shade, along with an abundance of blue and white plates.


A black table gets a new display treatment too, with a tiered server holding plates, some blue glassware, a pretty vintage blue and white tablecloth, old cobalt blue bottles and more red candles


A white display table and shelves are full of more flags, spools from an old textile mill, a ruffled red and white check round cloth in a nice old basket, and a cute little red spice rack to use with milk glass jars or any other fun items.


Over in the lighter colored booth, there are lots of changes.  First off, you'll notice a boat shaped display shelf that was a store display and held Widmer Brothers Drifter Pale Ale.  Wouldn't this be great in a Man 
Cave?  It has the Widmer logo on both sides and at the top of the boat.  This could easily be painted over if you wanted it another color. It would be a fun addition to a little boy's bedroom, filled with games and toys.  I'm showing it here with some more masculine items.....some antlers, a souvenir mug from the old Portland Meadows race track, some game boards.  I think this would make a terrific bar too, with plenty of room for glassware, bottles of favorite beverages etc.  Do you see that cute little aqua colored canister vacuum on the floor?  This vintage gem still works! 


A newly acquired treasure is an old seltzer bottle with the wire covering.  This bottle, from New York, is very heavy- the glass was made in Czechoslovakia.  It's a handsome piece to add to a collection, or as a stand alone piece.


Lots of blues and pinks have been added in dishes, some pieces of wicker and pictures. 


And speaking of pictures, one wall boasts a bevy of plain picture frames, within frames.  I love to create this look; it is so much fun to layer and put a small plate or wall vase or other interesting piece inside a frame.
On a large frame, a treasured baby dress or baby shoes would be a fun addition, or pin up some pretty sheet music within a frame.  You get the idea!  I'll bet you can think of all kinds of ideas. I thought I had a photo of the wall with the frames, but guess not.  

I hope you'll have a chance to come by and see all of the new additions.  The other dealers have been busy in their spaces too, so you are bound to find inspiration as well as some fun vintage and antique treasures.  There truly is something for everybody at the Stars and Splendid Malls and the newest addition, Stars Too, all within the same block!  

Thanks for stopping by for a visit! 

Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment