Wednesday, September 24, 2014

BACK IN THE GROOVE

As summer has now officially ended, and the weather is cooler, with the leaves starting to fall, I am reminded that I haven't blogged for some time.  I am hereby "turning over a new leaf" and attempting to post more often. BACK IN THE GROOVE, so to speak. 

This past week has been busy with finishing up pending projects and getting them to the shop. This has been a wonderfully warm and sunny summer here in the Pacific Northwest, so there were lots of days of painting, repairing and prepping, as well as gathering treasures.  I think it is always important to have a fresh look in my space, and particularly important as furniture and smalls are sold, creating  bare spots! I've been fortunate that this summer has brought lots of buyers and bare spots. 

Here are some of the fruits of my labor. 

 This wonderful OIL PAINTING on canvas of a primitive style girl and her kitty is sure to make a statement on your wall.  I have always loved folk art, and this piece really spoke to me. 


I found this great wicker desk and chair, and it is in such good condition.  I think it would make a perfect VANITY as well, with a pretty mirror hung above it!  So feminine looking!  


And, I have the PERFECT MIRROR as well.  This white lacquered framed mirror will really add a touch of elegance to any space!



New to the space too, is this cute little lidded bin STORAGE BOX.  It is painted black with distressing on it. It has ventilation holes in the bottom, so it could be used as a clothes hamper, a vegetable bin, waste receptacle etc.  When I found it, a large box of laundry detergent was housed inside.  I love it when items are used so creatively!  Oh, I just thought of another display possibility- how about filling it with tall grasses or branches, surrounding it with pumpkins and placing it by your front door as a pretty Fall welcome?



We can all use more options for storage, and this CUTE DRESSER with the pretty detail fits the bill!  Such a versatile piece this is.  It could be used as a night stand, an end table, as a dropping off spot in your entry way for keys and mail and a number of other places in your home.  The three drawers offer a lot of storage space.  It's painted with chalk paint in a blue and creamy white and distressed to show off the carving detail.  I'll bet you can find a spot for it. 



Up next, lots of  vintage hand crocheted trims.  I am always awestruck at the time and patience that went into creating these works of art many decades ago.  There is also a so precious child's dress, that dates to the 1880's.  These will be pictured in the next blog and going to the shop soon!.  Stay tuned....

I so appreciate your visit and hope that if you are in the area, you will stop by to see these treasures in person. If I'm in the booth (usually a couple of times a week) stop and say hello.  I love to chat!

Charlotte 

No comments:

Post a Comment